Thorn Valley provides the latest in regulatory updates, industry news and best practices to assure you have fresh safety information for your drivers on an ongoing, regular basis.
Get all the information you need about the ELD updates; Independence Day exemption for firework haulers, House Bill aiming for narrow HOS changes and the unannounced shut down of ELD providers.
Reminder! Fill out...
It's the insurance industry's chance to address distracted driving. Learn about the connected world, innovative telematics applications and driver risk management FAQs.
The Insurance Industry’s Chance to Address Distracted Driving
Read the 2017 Rollover Ready Mix Survey, how concrete pumpers are looking to harmonize hours regs with concrete haulers and the operator qualifications for cranes and Derricks in construction.
We are packed full of information this month: 1. Is body mass indicator (BMI) regulated by DOT? 2. Will paper medical certificates remain? 3. Loss Control - the eyes and ears...
Here is all the information you need about FMCSA's revised CSA methodology, OSHA's whistleblower issue and U-Haul's citation for exposing employees to danger.
FMCSA includes ELD violations in revised CSA methodology.
Learn why the number of fatal crashes rose in 2016, how risky driving is targeting during Safe Driver Week and which dates have been set for CVSA's annual enforcement blitz!...
How are freight companies attracting new employees amongst a shortage of applicants? CCJ provides insight.
The Driver Deficit: Seeking Solutions Read More.
2018 Innovator of the Year
Company Safety Policies
Use the resources on this page to lay out your company’s safety plan. Set quarterly goals for your fleet, establish a monthly safety training schedule, document performance and measure results.
- 2020 Safety Calendar
- Cell Phone Policy
- Company Safety Manual (Towing)
- Company Safety Manual
- Dishonesty, Workplace Violence and Egregious Unsafe Behavior Policy
- Driver Hiring and Retention
- Driver Trainee Program Criteria
- Harassment & Firearms Policy
- Personal Use of Vehicle
- Probation/Termination Policy
- Small Fleet Safety Outline
Inspection, Repair & Maintenance
Driver Files Forms & Fitness
- Drive Roster and Expiring Documents
- Driver Qualification File Checklist
- Driver Application
- Safety Clearance (Contractor)
- Driver Road Test
- Driver Road Test (Small Fleet)
- Exempt Log Form (Weekly Timesheet)
- Verification of Previous Employment
- Driver Training Record
- Certificate of Violations and Annual Review
- Safety Meeting Report
- Medical Examiner’s Certificate
- Medical Examination Report
- FMCSA Driver Resources
- Driver PSP Authorization and Release Form
HOS, Driver Logs, Fatigue Management
Controlled Substances & Alcohol
Accident Administration and Crash Countermeasure Forms
Tips for Reducing CSA SMS/BASIC Scores
Government Regulatory & Enforcement
- CSA – Compliance Safety Accountability
- DataQs Website
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners
- SAFER Company Snapshot
- SMS – Safety Measurement System
- PSP Pre-employment Screening Program
- Code of Federal Regulations
- Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA)
- DOT (US Department of Transportation)
- Regulations.gov (FMCSA Notices, NPRM)
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- National Transportation Library (RITA)
- National Transportation Safety Board
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Federal Bridge Law
- Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards
- Hazardous Material Regulations
- International Registration Plan, Inc.
- International Fuel Tax Association
Get in Touch
8075 Washington Village Drive
Dayton, OH 45458