FMCSA News March 2021
Download the Entry-Level Driver TPR Training and the Enhanced Clearinghouse Update document.
March 5, 2021 – FMCSA Regional Emergency Declaration Extended for Kentucky, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia. Read More
Shutting Down Unsafe Drivers
- March 11, 2021 – FMCSA Declares Minnesota Truck Driver to be an Imminent Hazard
- March 10, 2021- FMCSA Declares Ohio Truck Driver to be an Imminent Hazard
- February 23, 2021 – FMCSA Declares Idaho Truck Driver to be an Imminent Hazard
- December 1, 2020 – Small-fleet owners charged for log app tampering, lying to investigators after fatal crash
6 Takeaways From 3/10/2021 FMCSA ART forum (CCJ 3/15/2021)
- Remote/offsite safety audits of motor carriers are here to stay.
- Acting FMCSA boss thanked the industry for its work during the COVID pandemic.
- “It’s a priority” of Biden DOT to evaluate autonomous trucks’ impact on drivers’ jobs.
- HOS violations haven’t moved much since regs overhaul (on Sept. 29, 2020).
- Roadside inspections dipped dramatically (by 22%) in 2020.
- False log violations have trended up under ELD’s – and ELD violations have trended up under COVID
Other Transportation Safety News
Trucking Failures Surged Last Year Under Pandemic Continue Reading
Customer Safety Message – “Stop Those Drag Racers!”
- US traffic deaths spike even as pandemic cuts miles traveled (Thanks to Everest Insurance for sharing!)