Thorn Valley provides the latest in regulatory updates, industry news and best practices to assure you have fresh safety information for your drivers on an ongoing, regular basis.
Based on feedback we have received from drivers, employers, and service agents, FMCSA continues to make improvements to the registration process. Recently, the site was enhanced as follows. (Read More > https://clearinghouse.fmcsa.dot.gov/ Enhancements include: A...
FMCSA News March 2021 Download the Entry-Level Driver TPR Training and the Enhanced Clearinghouse Update document.March 5, 2021 - FMCSA Regional Emergency Declaration Extended for Kentucky, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia. Read MoreShutting...
Photo source: Fox-19Know what you are hauling before you hit the road! When a truck hauling potassium hydroxide crashed into a jackknifed truck on the Brent Spence Bridge at 2:45 a.m. Wednesday, November 11, 2020, the driver didn't have time to grab the hazmat...
Early ELD analysis shows an uptick in certain HOS violations since new regs, along with a dip in 30-minute break flags. (CCD Daily Report) A recent before-and-after analysis of driver logbook data by EROAD shows the preliminary impacts of the Federal Motor Carrier...
Transportation safety news to help your fleet attain and maintain - profitability through safety!ATRI’s Top Industry Issues in 2020 – and How to Successfully Navigate Them (DriverReach)Did you have a chance to attend Driver Reach’s recent webinar, “ATRI’s Top Industry...
Three Months Left to Meet Clearinghouse Annual Query RequirementsIf an employer has not yet conducted queries in the Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse on any CDL drivers they currently employ, time is running out. The deadline to meet the annual query requirement (per §...
The following comes from a recent (10/6/2020) blog from Scopelitis Transportation Consulting, LLC. It provides an interesting juxtaposition between commercial vs. non-commercial traffic safety trends.A Trend Within a Trend - The Latest Truck Crash DataIn late...
Keep up with the latest news affecting the motor carrier industry - and maintain profitability through safety! Trucker Pay Increasing as Driver Shortage Grows, Industry Capacity Tightens (Transport Topics 10/7/2020) "I've seen a number of companies over the last...
Updates include: FMCSA extends truckers' licensing and med cert waivers to year's end; Hours of Service changes (starting Sept. 29); Guidance on revised federal drug testing custody and control form. CCCJ Daily Dispatch, Sept. 22: FMCSA extends truckers'...
Fleets that use forward-facing cameras to record critical event footage are not seeing much resistance from drivers. Inward-facing cameras, on the other hand, continue to raise privacy concerns despite the potential to mitigate two of the riskiest driver behaviors:...
Company Safety Policies
Use the resources on this page to lay out your company’s safety plan. Set quarterly goals for your fleet, establish a monthly safety training schedule, document performance and measure results.
- Annual Safety Planner
- Cell Phone Policy
- Company Safety Manual (Towing)
- Company Safety Manual
- Dishonesty, Workplace Violence and Egregious Unsafe Behavior Policy
- Driver Hiring and Retention
- Driver Trainee Program Criteria
- Harassment & Firearms Policy
- Personal Use of Vehicle
- Probation/Termination Policy
- Small Fleet Safety Outline
Inspection, Repair & Maintenance
Driver Files Forms & Fitness
- Drive Roster and Expiring Documents
- Driver Qualification File Checklist
- Driver Application
- Safety Clearance (Contractor)
- Driver Road Test
- Driver Road Test (Small Fleet)
- Exempt Log Form (Weekly Timesheet)
- Verification of Previous Employment
- Driver Training Record
- Certificate of Violations and Annual Review
- Safety Meeting Report
- Medical Examiner’s Certificate
- Medical Examination Report
- FMCSA Driver Resources
- Driver PSP Authorization and Release Form
HOS, Driver Logs, Fatigue Management
Controlled Substances & Alcohol
Accident Administration and Crash Countermeasure Forms
Tips for Reducing CSA SMS/BASIC Scores
Government Regulatory & Enforcement
- CSA – Compliance Safety Accountability
- DataQs Website
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners
- SAFER Company Snapshot
- SMS – Safety Measurement System
- PSP Pre-employment Screening Program
- Code of Federal Regulations
- Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA)
- DOT (US Department of Transportation)
- Regulations.gov (FMCSA Notices, NPRM)
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- National Transportation Library (RITA)
- National Transportation Safety Board
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Federal Bridge Law
- Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards
- Hazardous Material Regulations
- International Registration Plan, Inc.
- International Fuel Tax Association
Get in Touch
8075 Washington Village Drive
Dayton, OH 45458