Thorn Valley provides the latest in regulatory updates, industry news and best practices to assure you have fresh safety information for your drivers on an ongoing, regular basis.
Commentary from Tom Nitza regarding the CVSA D&A Clearinghouse ruling. Thanks to Tom and best wishes during his retirement from Thorn Valley. From Tom Nitza: During a roadside inspection the Clearinghouse database will be queried. A driver found to be operating...
States with Strictest Texting-While-Driving Laws Ranked Did you guess correctly? TWD stands for Texting While Driving. Congratulations - Please share this information with all drivers! | Learn More CVSA Reminds Motor Carriers of the Dec. 17, 2019, ELD Compliance...
Rise in Truck Crashes, Large Payouts, Expected to Boost Insurance Renewal Rates This Year 1/2/2020 - According to Commercial Carrier Journal, truckers are being warned to Beware and Prepare. Tractor-trailer insurance rates saw an uptick this year, brought on by a rise...
FMCSA Increases Random Controlled Substances Testing Rate to 50 Percent Beginning January 1, 2020 On December 27, 2019, the FMCSA announced an increase in the minimum annual percentage rate for random controlled substances testing for drivers of commercial motor...
Thorn Valley shares: FMCSA's emergency declarations due to Hurricane Dorian, a new Hours of Service proposal, a crash preventability determination program proposal, and the upcoming commercial driver’s license drug & alcohol Clearinghouse. Hurricane Dorian...
Are you ready? Brake Safety Week is coming (September 15-21) and we also have the results from the CVSA 2019 International Roadcheck are in! Brake Safety Week is September 15-21 | Learn More CVSA Releases Results from 2019 International Roadcheck| Read More
Get your fleet ready for colder weather and upcoming winter conditions. We have this years' advice on how to prepare. Show your winter drivers this video recording by Montana Highway Patrol. Get Your Fleet Ready for Winter | Read More Transition to Cold-Weather...
A trucking company owner is charged with fraud, the panel explores the impacts of legalized marijuana and an Arkansas truck driver is declared an imminent hazard to public safety by FMCSA. Trucking Company Owner Charged With Insurance Fraud | Read More FMCSA Declares...
We have everything you need to know about safety: video telematics, crane operator certifications, hours of service exemption, rest-break exemption and a note about OSHA safety compliance. Improving Safety With Video Telematics in Your Concrete or Construction...
Stay up to date as ELD compliance enters a new phase and continues to change. Find out 6 things you should know about the personal conveyance guidance FMCSA issued. ELD & Hours of Service ELD Compliance Enters New Phase | Learn More Welcome to the ELD Home...
Company Safety Policies
Use the resources on this page to lay out your company’s safety plan. Set quarterly goals for your fleet, establish a monthly safety training schedule, document performance and measure results.
- 2020 Safety Calendar
- Cell Phone Policy
- Company Safety Manual (Towing)
- Company Safety Manual
- Dishonesty, Workplace Violence and Egregious Unsafe Behavior Policy
- Driver Hiring and Retention
- Driver Trainee Program Criteria
- Harassment & Firearms Policy
- Personal Use of Vehicle
- Probation/Termination Policy
- Small Fleet Safety Outline
Inspection, Repair & Maintenance
Driver Files Forms & Fitness
- Drive Roster and Expiring Documents
- Driver Qualification File Checklist
- Driver Application
- Safety Clearance (Contractor)
- Driver Road Test
- Driver Road Test (Small Fleet)
- Exempt Log Form (Weekly Timesheet)
- Verification of Previous Employment
- Driver Training Record
- Certificate of Violations and Annual Review
- Safety Meeting Report
- Medical Examiner’s Certificate
- Medical Examination Report
- FMCSA Driver Resources
- Driver PSP Authorization and Release Form
HOS, Driver Logs, Fatigue Management
Controlled Substances & Alcohol
Accident Administration and Crash Countermeasure Forms
Tips for Reducing CSA SMS/BASIC Scores
Government Regulatory & Enforcement
- CSA – Compliance Safety Accountability
- DataQs Website
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners
- SAFER Company Snapshot
- SMS – Safety Measurement System
- PSP Pre-employment Screening Program
- Code of Federal Regulations
- Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA)
- DOT (US Department of Transportation)
- Regulations.gov (FMCSA Notices, NPRM)
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- National Transportation Library (RITA)
- National Transportation Safety Board
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Federal Bridge Law
- Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards
- Hazardous Material Regulations
- International Registration Plan, Inc.
- International Fuel Tax Association
Get in Touch
8075 Washington Village Drive
Dayton, OH 45458