Thorn Valley provides the latest in regulatory updates, industry news and best practices to assure you have fresh safety information for your drivers on an ongoing, regular basis.
Rise in Truck Crashes, Large Payouts, Expected to Boost Insurance Renewal Rates This Year
1/2/2020 - According to Commercial Carrier Journal, truckers are being warned to Beware and Prepare. Tractor-trailer...
FMCSA Increases Random Controlled Substances Testing Rate to 50 Percent Beginning January 1, 2020
On December 27, 2019, the FMCSA announced an increase in the minimum annual percentage rate for...
Get your fleet ready for colder weather and upcoming winter conditions. We have this years' advice on how to prepare. Show your winter drivers this video recording by Montana Highway Patrol....
A trucking company owner is charged with fraud, the panel explores the impacts of legalized marijuana and an Arkansas truck driver is declared an imminent hazard to public safety by...
We have everything you need to know about safety: video telematics, crane operator certifications, hours of service exemption, rest-break exemption and a note about OSHA safety compliance.
Improving Safety With...
Review the top 10 new stories from Heavy Duty Trucking and Commercial Carrier Journal. Take a look into 2019 federal CSA program changes and FMCSA's plans to expand off-site carrier...
Jim Mullen, Chief Counsel, U.S. Department of Transportation
Tom Flaten, VP Field Operations, took some notes at the 26th annual TIDA (Transportation Industry Defense Association) conference in Austin, TX on...
Company Safety Policies
Use the resources on this page to lay out your company’s safety plan. Set quarterly goals for your fleet, establish a monthly safety training schedule, document performance and measure results.
- 2020 Safety Calendar
- Cell Phone Policy
- Company Safety Manual (Towing)
- Company Safety Manual
- Dishonesty, Workplace Violence and Egregious Unsafe Behavior Policy
- Driver Hiring and Retention
- Driver Trainee Program Criteria
- Harassment & Firearms Policy
- Personal Use of Vehicle
- Probation/Termination Policy
- Small Fleet Safety Outline
Inspection, Repair & Maintenance
Driver Files Forms & Fitness
- Drive Roster and Expiring Documents
- Driver Qualification File Checklist
- Driver Application
- Safety Clearance (Contractor)
- Driver Road Test
- Driver Road Test (Small Fleet)
- Exempt Log Form (Weekly Timesheet)
- Verification of Previous Employment
- Driver Training Record
- Certificate of Violations and Annual Review
- Safety Meeting Report
- Medical Examiner’s Certificate
- Medical Examination Report
- FMCSA Driver Resources
- Driver PSP Authorization and Release Form
HOS, Driver Logs, Fatigue Management
Controlled Substances & Alcohol
Accident Administration and Crash Countermeasure Forms
Tips for Reducing CSA SMS/BASIC Scores
Government Regulatory & Enforcement
- CSA – Compliance Safety Accountability
- DataQs Website
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners
- SAFER Company Snapshot
- SMS – Safety Measurement System
- PSP Pre-employment Screening Program
- Code of Federal Regulations
- Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA)
- DOT (US Department of Transportation)
- Regulations.gov (FMCSA Notices, NPRM)
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- National Transportation Library (RITA)
- National Transportation Safety Board
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Federal Bridge Law
- Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards
- Hazardous Material Regulations
- International Registration Plan, Inc.
- International Fuel Tax Association
Get in Touch
8075 Washington Village Drive
Dayton, OH 45458