Thorn Valley provides the latest in regulatory updates, industry news and best practices to assure you have fresh safety information for your drivers on an ongoing, regular basis.
Make sure you are prepared for the winter weather this season. Icy conditions close Louisiana interstates and the East Coast storms suspend hours regulations for some drivers. Stay up to date....
We have recent updates you should check out: 4 takeaways from the ELD Madate transition, the finalization of the 2018-2019 UCR fees, January drug testing changes and safety news from FMCSA.
Find out the pros and cons of the Bypass Program for fleets and the consideration of boosting driver pay.
Not So Fast: Safe Fleets Bypass Inspections – Most of the...
Three major questions and answers that were forwarded to Thorn Valley by an attendee of the FMCSA meeting. These are questions regarding ELD compliance will come in handy. The next few...
Read how to winterize your truck, Thorn Valley's 10 safe driving tips for this year, and how to to survive winter as a CMV Driver.
Winter Safety Tips From Thorn Valley
This holiday season, be sure to watch out erratic and unsafe drivers. Drivers impaired by alcohol or drugs are at a much higher risk for entering the highway on the...
Company Safety Policies
Use the resources on this page to lay out your company’s safety plan. Set quarterly goals for your fleet, establish a monthly safety training schedule, document performance and measure results.
- 2020 Safety Calendar
- Cell Phone Policy
- Company Safety Manual (Towing)
- Company Safety Manual
- Dishonesty, Workplace Violence and Egregious Unsafe Behavior Policy
- Driver Hiring and Retention
- Driver Trainee Program Criteria
- Harassment & Firearms Policy
- Personal Use of Vehicle
- Probation/Termination Policy
- Small Fleet Safety Outline
Inspection, Repair & Maintenance
Driver Files Forms & Fitness
- Drive Roster and Expiring Documents
- Driver Qualification File Checklist
- Driver Application
- Safety Clearance (Contractor)
- Driver Road Test
- Driver Road Test (Small Fleet)
- Exempt Log Form (Weekly Timesheet)
- Verification of Previous Employment
- Driver Training Record
- Certificate of Violations and Annual Review
- Safety Meeting Report
- Medical Examiner’s Certificate
- Medical Examination Report
- FMCSA Driver Resources
- Driver PSP Authorization and Release Form
HOS, Driver Logs, Fatigue Management
Controlled Substances & Alcohol
Accident Administration and Crash Countermeasure Forms
Tips for Reducing CSA SMS/BASIC Scores
Government Regulatory & Enforcement
- CSA – Compliance Safety Accountability
- DataQs Website
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners
- SAFER Company Snapshot
- SMS – Safety Measurement System
- PSP Pre-employment Screening Program
- Code of Federal Regulations
- Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA)
- DOT (US Department of Transportation)
- Regulations.gov (FMCSA Notices, NPRM)
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- National Transportation Library (RITA)
- National Transportation Safety Board
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Federal Bridge Law
- Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards
- Hazardous Material Regulations
- International Registration Plan, Inc.
- International Fuel Tax Association
Get in Touch
8075 Washington Village Drive
Dayton, OH 45458