Thorn Valley provides the latest in regulatory updates, industry news and best practices to assure you have fresh safety information for your drivers on an ongoing, regular basis.
Tom Flaten, VP Field Operations at Thorn Valley, sat in on the Technology’s Impact on Today’s Transportation Claims panel at the 26th annual TIDA (Transportation Industry Defense Association) conference in...
We have a lot of safety matters to cover this month! We are talking about millennials in trucking, driver retention, pot breathalyzers, consumer reports on truck safety and if your truck...
Get prepared for the upcoming events! Find out if you are ready.
Rear Impact Gaurd Week
Law Enforcement will collect Rear Impact Guard data on CMVs the week of August...
Big News! Find out what fleet drivers should do after an accident. Also, check out the updated American Transportation Research Institute (ATRI) Crash Predictor Model that was just released.
We were asked about obtaining CAB (Central Analysis Bureau) reports for Moving & Storage companies who operate under both their authority locally, and major national moving company authority, depending upon...
Learn about the 6 critical risks emerging in transportation, how fleets are using artificial intelligence to accelerate safety and the risk management FAQ.
Fleets Use Artificial Intelligence to accelerate Safety, Efficiency
In Industry News: UPS lowered their accident rate 1%, a surprise brake inspection puts 1,600 trucks out of service and TMAF has free trucking resources on their site!
UPS Lowered Accident...
Check out the national registry of certified medical examiners and learn why some of the country's largest carriers are hoping to see drivers drug tested via a hair samples instead of...
Company Safety Policies
Use the resources on this page to lay out your company’s safety plan. Set quarterly goals for your fleet, establish a monthly safety training schedule, document performance and measure results.
- 2020 Safety Calendar
- Cell Phone Policy
- Company Safety Manual (Towing)
- Company Safety Manual
- Dishonesty, Workplace Violence and Egregious Unsafe Behavior Policy
- Driver Hiring and Retention
- Driver Trainee Program Criteria
- Harassment & Firearms Policy
- Personal Use of Vehicle
- Probation/Termination Policy
- Small Fleet Safety Outline
Inspection, Repair & Maintenance
Driver Files Forms & Fitness
- Drive Roster and Expiring Documents
- Driver Qualification File Checklist
- Driver Application
- Safety Clearance (Contractor)
- Driver Road Test
- Driver Road Test (Small Fleet)
- Exempt Log Form (Weekly Timesheet)
- Verification of Previous Employment
- Driver Training Record
- Certificate of Violations and Annual Review
- Safety Meeting Report
- Medical Examiner’s Certificate
- Medical Examination Report
- FMCSA Driver Resources
- Driver PSP Authorization and Release Form
HOS, Driver Logs, Fatigue Management
Controlled Substances & Alcohol
Accident Administration and Crash Countermeasure Forms
Tips for Reducing CSA SMS/BASIC Scores
Government Regulatory & Enforcement
- CSA – Compliance Safety Accountability
- DataQs Website
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners
- SAFER Company Snapshot
- SMS – Safety Measurement System
- PSP Pre-employment Screening Program
- Code of Federal Regulations
- Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA)
- DOT (US Department of Transportation)
- Regulations.gov (FMCSA Notices, NPRM)
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- National Transportation Library (RITA)
- National Transportation Safety Board
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Federal Bridge Law
- Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards
- Hazardous Material Regulations
- International Registration Plan, Inc.
- International Fuel Tax Association
Get in Touch
8075 Washington Village Drive
Dayton, OH 45458