Thorn Valley provides the latest in regulatory updates, industry news and best practices to assure you have fresh safety information for your drivers on an ongoing, regular basis.
Where have transportation associations been cracking down? See our updates about violations and enforcement. FMCSA Shuts Down Tennessee-based Hazardous Materials Trucking Company Read About It. FMCSA Declares Pennsylvania Commercial Vehicle (School Bus) Driver to be...
How are freight companies attracting new employees amongst a shortage of applicants? CCJ provides insight. The Driver Deficit: Seeking Solutions Read More. 2018 Innovator of the Year Werner Enterprises’ apprenticeship programs attract military veterans, mitigate...
We have the latest on hours-of-service compliance and electronic logging devices. Stay informed and in the clear! SMS Updated, ELD Violations in SMS Learn More. International Roadcheck Set for June 5-7 Their focus is on Hours-of-Service Compliance. Learn More. Logs...
Learn more about camera systems that work in place of mirrors, new findings on tire failures and important risks facing your fleet. Partnership for Responsible DrivingThe Our Roads, Our Safety partnership makes available a wide range of materials that any organization...
Find out how law enforcement is keeping an eye out for fraud, trafficking and other and other crimes on the road. State SchemesRead about the Mississippi CDL fraud scheme, the former Texas trooper sentenced in bribery scheme and South Carolina Chameleon Carrier Learn...
Question:"Two Motor Carriers – Similar Ownership – Two Policies or One?" Answer:Click here to read the blog by Tommy Ruke, The King Pin-Leading Expert in Truck Insurance. Question:"What is the retention period for physicals in a DQ file." Answer:The answer is 15...
#ItCanWait: Don't Text and Drive Watch the video. Low Bridge Ahead View now. CMV Driving Tips Learn more. The Driver Series (from Heavy Duty Trucking) Read more. Collision Avoidance May Have Lessened Truck Crash Damage Read more. Using effective loss control and risk...
FMCSA Declares Montana Truck Driver to be an Imminent Hazard to Public Safety Read More. Alabama chiropractor indicted for allegedly issuing falsified med certs to drivers Read More. 6 Steps to Obtain a Medical Exemption Learn more. FMCSA Issues Guidance – Crash...
Special report: Day of reckoning in driver shortage saga Read More. Driver shortage and productivity losses from the ELD mandate threaten future growth. Read More. Driver Turnover Rate Eased in Fourth Quarter Learn More. The U.S. Is Running Out of Truckers Read Now....
Question:"Can a food producer of agricultural commodities or livestock claim exemption under FMCSR 390.5 as 'covered farm vehicle (CFV)?'" Answer:In order to qualify as a Covered Farm Vehicle, there are six (6) requirements the motor carrier must meet, the 2nd of...
Company Safety Policies
Use the resources on this page to lay out your company’s safety plan. Set quarterly goals for your fleet, establish a monthly safety training schedule, document performance and measure results.
- 2020 Safety Calendar
- Cell Phone Policy
- Company Safety Manual (Towing)
- Company Safety Manual
- Dishonesty, Workplace Violence and Egregious Unsafe Behavior Policy
- Driver Hiring and Retention
- Driver Trainee Program Criteria
- Harassment & Firearms Policy
- Personal Use of Vehicle
- Probation/Termination Policy
- Small Fleet Safety Outline
Inspection, Repair & Maintenance
Driver Files Forms & Fitness
- Drive Roster and Expiring Documents
- Driver Qualification File Checklist
- Driver Application
- Safety Clearance (Contractor)
- Driver Road Test
- Driver Road Test (Small Fleet)
- Exempt Log Form (Weekly Timesheet)
- Verification of Previous Employment
- Driver Training Record
- Certificate of Violations and Annual Review
- Safety Meeting Report
- Medical Examiner’s Certificate
- Medical Examination Report
- FMCSA Driver Resources
- Driver PSP Authorization and Release Form
HOS, Driver Logs, Fatigue Management
Controlled Substances & Alcohol
Accident Administration and Crash Countermeasure Forms
Tips for Reducing CSA SMS/BASIC Scores
Government Regulatory & Enforcement
- CSA – Compliance Safety Accountability
- DataQs Website
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners
- SAFER Company Snapshot
- SMS – Safety Measurement System
- PSP Pre-employment Screening Program
- Code of Federal Regulations
- Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA)
- DOT (US Department of Transportation)
- Regulations.gov (FMCSA Notices, NPRM)
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- National Transportation Library (RITA)
- National Transportation Safety Board
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Federal Bridge Law
- Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards
- Hazardous Material Regulations
- International Registration Plan, Inc.
- International Fuel Tax Association
Get in Touch
8075 Washington Village Drive
Dayton, OH 45458